SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES OF PEACE HEROES FORMATION (SCPHF) PROGRAM
The Schools and Communities of Peace Heroes Formation Program (SCPHFP) is a holistic peace education program that was designed to apply creative and innovative ways and approaches in teaching about knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and behavior towards a Culture of Peace. It aims to bring about behavior change that prevents the transformation of conflict into violence and war. This program also hopes to show the relevance of Peace Education in our society, and be able to contribute to ways on how to institutionalize educating schools and communities on the art of peaceful living.TPBPM utilizes existing social structures such as family, school and communities as primary niche in nurturing the heart of a child to be a Peace Hero.
This Program’s General Aim is: To create a Culture of Peace in schools and communities through the implementation of a comprehensive and innovative Peace Education Program transforming children and youth to become leaders in advocating Peace as a Way of Life.
LOCATION: KAPATIRAN SCHOOLS
PILOT SCHOOLS ( 2016)
- Tatak Elementary School- Brgy. Sapakan, Mamasapano, Maguindanao
- Hadji Salik Kalaing Elementary School- Brgy. Tukanalipao, Mamasapano, Maguidnanao
- Maharlika Elementary School- Brgy. Maharlika, Taguig City, Metro Manila
- Sapang Uwak Elementary School- Brgy. Sapang Uwak, Porac, Pampanga
ADDITIONAL SCHOOLS (2017)
- Sugod Central Elementary School- Marawi City
- Camp Bagong Amai Pakpa ES- Marawi City
- Baloi Central ES- Baloi, Lanao del Norte
- Saguiaran Central ES- Saguiaran, Lanao del Sur
- Sapakan Central ES- Radjah Buayan, Maguindanao
- Pidsandawan ES- Radjah Buayan, Maguindanao
- Children as Leaders for Peace
- Teachers for Peace
- Parents for Peace Champions
- Youth & Community Leaders
The Formation Session is the start of every Peace Heroes’ journey with the TPBPM Family. They are taught with different skills, knowledge, values and attitude that they need as peace heroes.
Creation of a Peaceable Classroom and School
- Integration of Peace Education in the Curriculum
- Peace Visibility
- Implementation of the Peace Education Development Plan
Peace Education Pocket (PEP) Sessions
To continuously guide the Parents, Children and Teachers in their journey to building a Culture of Peace, the team conducts PEP Sessions every 3months.
To culminate every SCPHFP cycle, the Teach Peace Build Peace Movement organizes a Peace Fair for the whole school community. With different booths; peace games, food booths, photo booth, art booth among others.